Custom Search

Friday, February 20, 2009

Parametric EQ


What I have here today is a parametric EQ from a japanese schematic. I haven't built it but the layout is correct as per schem. This looks simple and interesting so I decided to make a layout on this one. I already did the Ibanez PQL but i'm not quite satisfied with the results. Well, maybe this one is not bad at all as it is in my "to-do" list now. I would suggest to use reverse audio pots for the Q and Frequency pots(dual gang). Be careful with the jumpers especially at the TL074 opamp. It would be nice to solder an insulated wire at the copperside. Sorry, I just want every layout to be compact as possible. The numbers labeled as "3 2 1" is pretty much standard in pot designation, ie 3=CW, 2=W, 1=CCW.

Layout download

5 comments:

  1. Hey there. I built this pedal from your layout and it works, except that there's a significant volume drop when it's in use (and the gain at 0). Did I do something wrong or do I have to add another opamp to boost the signal? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, so I had used a 330k resistor where it needed a 330 ohm resistor. Problem solved, layout confirmed! Works great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you use an electrolytic cap 0.33uf/25V in your built or a mylar cap?

      Delete
  3. Hi, do you know how to modify this circuit to make the same but to use from 7khz to 16 or 20khz?

    ReplyDelete